Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Happily ever after

As this year is coming to a close I am reflective of the year and where I have been and where life have brought me. It has brought me through one rough relationship which allowed me to learn that for so long, I have been forcing myself to believe that heterosexuality was the "right way." And for so long I have been blinded by so many other people's views and opinions of the subject that I never discussed it until the days sitting alone in my room asking why I even live anymore.
Life has turned for the better during the time of breaking from the mould and being who I feel I am supposed to be, I followed my heart and my instinct and it brought me another quick, painful but intuitive relationship where I learned that guys you meet only want you for one thing... And sometimes that's just sex.
Which bring me to my favourite part of the story. After being disheartened, I told myself I would never date again, but in the back of my mind, a small voice kept telling me, "One more try," and if it wasn't for me listening I wouldn't have created my profile on Plenty Of Fish, and I wouldn't have met Shane. It's crazy to think that I met him off a dating website, and by the way we act... You wouldn't believe it either. He is definitely my happily ever after, and I am beyond blessed to call him my boyfriend.
For marriage, it'll come in time... We are still learning more about each other and where we can go as a couple. Love it so far! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment